Monday, May 24, 2010

Mothers Day

I had a lovely Mothers Day. Sara painted a pot for me and planted a marigold in preschool. They also made cards with sweet little coupons. Mandy called me from Maine. Jared got me a candle (yummy tropical Paradise)...he has a theme going on as his gifts are candles or lanterns. Hmmm...I wonder what Christmas will be? Cameron gave me a dozen beautiful flowers. He also cooked dinner for the family. We had yummy carne asada on tortillas :) I told Kim exactly what I wanted so I was thrilled when I opened up my laptop board. It is a board to put my laptop on when I work on my bed. It helps the air to circulate and not get hot. I also got a few other laptop accessories so it was fun to be thought of and celebrated. I don't think mothers get celebrated enough and I don't think mothers celebrate themselves enough. We mothers do and give so much. I know I feel that I fall short in most of what I do, but we have a special calling to raise these sweet spirits.
"There is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation" President James E. Faust

No comments: