Saturday, September 11, 2010

Home from DC * Day 7

We slept in...after all, it was our last morning. After packing up and checking out, we headed to Maryland.
We were headed to Kensington...to see the temple. It truly is magnificent!
And in the visitor's center was a display of an artists work.
A beautiful collection of sculptures.
The exhibit is traveling to different temples so look for it to come to yours...or maybe you have already seen it?
Then we headed to the airport to return our rental car and wait for our plane. While we were there we were notified that our flight was canceled. They put us on another flight to Atlanta, Georgia then on to SLC. It got us home a lot later!!!
Just before we were to board, several secret service agents were wandering the area. I didn't think much about it, but I did hear someone say something about Jimmy Carter. Sure enough when we were seated, I looked toward the first class cabin and he was mingling with the people. Then he headed down the isle and shook everbody's hand. It was so sweet of him and an honor.

At 1:00 am. we were home. A week of vacation! I have never done that before. I enjoyed it. I am glad I went. We had a great time and wonderful experiences, but I was glad to be home to my family, my home, my life : )...and life goes on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh... that trip sounds wonderful! and I am so jealous that you got to see Pres. Jimmy Carter! What an awesome experience!