Monday, January 10, 2011

We are warm and toasty


The furnace guy called on Thursday and said that they had a cancellation. Would it be all right if they came? I was not passing up that opportunity and cleared my whole schedule ...which was very doable!!
It took about five hours and when they were done we turned the heat "up" to 64 and basked in the warmth. Yes, my standards of warmth have changed. I would be so excited if we were above 51 when we woke up in the morning and happy when we could get the house to 64 before bed-time.
When it got fixed the kids commented how warm and toasty it is. I laugh a little inside and think this might help in our efforts to conserve energy. In the meantime, we might have jacked up our electric bill. We will see when the bill comes!?!
With the new thermostate we will have to do a little touch-up work and maybe we will chose a new color...it is time!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am so glad you are warm again. I have been thinking about your family a lot with these freezing temperatures. Enjoy!!!

Kim and Heather said...

Thanks, Becky. I loved getting together during the holidays. Great seeing you!