Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Washington DC * Day 3

We got up early again for a yummy breakfast on the Terrace.
It is hard to believe that I made it so far in life, but this is my first ever eggs Benedict. They were yummy, but my very favorite part of breakfast was the view and that Air Force One flew right past. It was really amazing!
While Kim went to his morning meetings I wandered the hotel again. These are the fun water fountains at the pool. Wouldn't the kids love those!!!
These chandeliers were beautiful.
As I turned a corner in the lobby I ran into George...
and Abe. They were wax figures on loan from a museum.
After meetings we played the Price is Right. Neither one of us was chosen, but it had the music and announcer and the funniest host...funnier than Drew Carey.
It was time to hop on the buses for the mall. Kim and I were extending our trip and would com back later so we decided to have a leisurely afternoon. We walked down the street and found a cute little sandwich shop for lunch.

We walked along the water and enjoyed this funny guy drowning in the sand.
Then luxuriously went to our room for a rest. Isn't our room sign cute!

Our formal dinner dance was that evening. Every evening the bars would open and we had quite a social hour before every dinner. Of course Kim and I would have a soda.
After a while we were all standing around wondering where we were going to have dinner. Suddenly the curtains were pulled back and there was this beautiful room with an amazing backdrop.
This is dark, but there are huge pillars on this set and tables beautifully set.

My camera was having problems with the lighting. The twinkly lights were pretty.

Yummy dessert plate: Vanilla bread pudding, Lime cheesecake, Truffle brownie. (All miniature) Yummmmy truffle brownie!!!
Pictures were taken that night by professional photographers. I can't get ours to scan so this is the only picture I have of me and Kim (with some friends). When we got to our room our pictures were framed and waiting for us...a nice little gift!

No comments: