Saturday, September 4, 2010

Washington DC *Day 2

We were up at 6:45 for breakfast (which would be 4:45 Utah time). It is so nice just walking down to the patio and have a beautiful selection of food waiting for you!
Kim went to meetings and I walked around the Hotel, I sat and read a book by this fountain, then shopped at some of the shops.
This is one of three sand sculptures on display.
Kim was done with meetings at noon and at 1:00 we boarded another bus for the National Mall.
We were supposed to wear these name badges wherever we went.The bus dropped us off by the capital.
The view from the other direction.
We went to the National archives and saw the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, Emancipation Proclamation... Then we walked over to the White House. I didn't make it all the way. Even though I got a shot in my foot, it wasn't quite taking care of the pain and I knew I had to make it back to the bus. I rested in the park while Kim went the extra way to the White House. Then we bought the kids tee shirts along the street, walked up to the Washington Monument, then back to meet the bus.

After sightseeing we just had a little time to get ready for the awards banquet where Kim received his "trophy". Isn't it handsome!?! They went all out with the ceremony...quite like the Oscars. We sat by a fun group of people that we hope to see at Parthenon when we all win again next year.
When we got back to our room there was a gift on the bed.
Wow! That is pretty neat!!!
And...an exhausting day...time for bed.

No comments: