Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rest in Peace



Last Friday was my father's funeral. The hustle and bustle started early...getting ready, viewing at 9:00, funeral at 11:00, visiting and luncheon following. The day was chilly, but beautiful. So many family members came from near and far. Paradise and Gridley friends,missionary and MTC friends, ward friends...friends...many in attendance. My dad looked good. Sometimes I laugh when the family says that, but he really did look good. He looked peaceful. His brother, Lowell and Ann came. His sister Carol and Earl were there. His sister-in-law, Debbie and her children came. My Mom's sister, Geraldine and her brother Don and Dianne were there to comfort her. So many cousins showed that I can't name them all. When we walked into the chapel they had reserved the whole middle section for our family. I believe we filled it all.
The service was nice and honored my father well. All of his children participated and were able to share bits of his life. He was a good man, truly an example in life and death. He was not afraid to die and was valiant to the end.

1 comment:

Becky said...

It looks like everything was really nice. I looked in the paper for information on the funeral and never found it. I would have loved to come and see you. I have been praying for you and your family.